Sunday, May 16, 2010

budda's day festival

After waking up this morning and realising that I had nothing better to do today... I decided that I may as well go to the Budda's day multicultural festival down at federation square, seeing as though the weather was nice and sunny.




Well I was hoping to see more than the few food booths there, but there only seemed to be only like 10 or so...and a few of em pretty much were selling the same thing. All the food there was vegetarian - not that I would have really noticed though. And the theme amongst the stalls was pretty much deep fried this or that.

My piece of $1 fried sushi~

I'm not too sure why you'd wana deep fry something meant to be fresh and cool... but it actually did taste pretty good! haha.


I also bought this "Taiwanese Fried Beancurd" - it's like a thin and crispy skin layer around this smooth delicate tofu on the inside
. I think its a variation of the stinky tofu you get in asia, just without the stink! Since I doubt the people here would be able to handle that smell. lol But man these festival things always make me miss street stalls in HK!!

Imitation fried oysters - made with eggplant or something apparently. They tasted pretty realistic I'd say.


Veggie Curry

Steamed Man Tou


:: Budda's Day Multicultral Festival ::
Federation Square
Melbourne
3000

0 comments:

Post a Comment