Wednesday, May 19, 2010

cafe giraffe following an epic fail

Ok let's talk about a tragic FAIL that happened almost 2 weeks ago. Wisdoms were out, wounds were healing = was completely craving for dumplings! At first we set out in search of so called raved-about places around the city, but forgetting to plan ahead and book, or have much of a clue where we were walking to kinda made it suck. To make things even worse we spent a good half hour or so walking in the pouring rain from place to place to find that it was all full or seemed dodge... Thus we finally just gave up as we were drenched from head to toe, and settled for this horrible crappy place in Chinatown.

A rude man at the door offered us a menu that stated $12 all you can eat... and gave us no option as to order anything else, but we were just cbf anymore so we went yeah ok whatever. haha. The so-called dumplings and buns and shit were just dumped on our table and were either cold or came from a microwaved packet!!! It was pretty slack...but I had to laugh man! Funny as realising how we landed ourselves in such a crappy place. It was probably one of the worst dining experiences I've had in Melbourne... surely you'd think such a well reviewed restaurant would be able to do better than that? But for some reason the mass number of Aussies eating in there didn't seem to mind. I guess maybe because they thought that they were actually getting authentic Chinese food for their money eh.

Obviously microwaved heated buns served to us still in their plastic packaging =.=


Anyways we quickly left the shockingly disappointing joint, and I convinced the boys that I'd take em to somewhere actually NICE! haha... and well Cafe Giraffe definitely impressed! Lucky for me or I'd probably never hear the end of what a epic failure of a place I had chose. hehe.

Seriously, Giraffe Cafe has got to me one of the coolest hangouts around Melbourne! It's the cutest lil homey style cafe I've ever been to...


I had discovered this special little cafe one day on facebook as I was stumbling through friend's photos who had been and from seeing the atmosphere, I knew I just had to go see the place for myself! And ever since then I've dragged a number of friends along to show em how cool it is~ I just love the relaxed casual environment...makes you feel so comfy being there. The whole place is like a photographer's playground! hehe And from what I've gathered...people go there for more than the decor and the food...but maybe coz of certain *cough*...waitresses... lol



Cheesecake~

Cheesecake after being half eaten but disguised in photo~


Anyhows, since my uncle >.> is being a bitch atm and hasn't given me photos yet, I have brightened up this post with random giraffe cafe photos I took that day and last year. =D


:: Shanghai Dumpling Restaurant ::

23 Tattersalls Lane

Melbourne 3000

:: Cafe Giraffe ::
302 Little Lonsdale Street
Melbourne 3000

0 comments:

Post a Comment