Saturday, May 22, 2010

the cupcake family



If you ever walk through Red Cape Lane in QV, you'll be sure to notice "The Cupcake Family" - a cute little store with dozens and dozens of colourful little cupcakes and macaroons lined up in the window display. It definately catches people's attention as they walk by and a lot of people can't help but pause and have a look at all the cutely decorated variety of cupcakes sitting there.



After passing it many a times since it's opening, I finally had a chance to have a taste yesterday! I didn't know which to pick man....I wanted em all coz they all looked so nice!! hehe. I was under pressure so I randomly chose the lemon one; their "signature lemon cupcake and fresh lemon custard filling. Garnished with lemon buttercream and our own mini lemon yoyo cookie with real vanilla beans".

Lemony Sunshine Cupcake + Mocha
($5)

Inside half eaten cupcake, there's lemon custard



Hehe pretty cupcakes make me :)


But actually to be honest; they may have all looked really really nice and all, but the one I had tasted pretty average. It was too dry and coarse for my liking...it didn't seem very freshly baked or something? Maybe they've been sitting in the window for too long? Hmm well I suppose their expensive prices are for the looks and packaging rather than for the taste.




::
The Cupcake Family ::
22 Red Cape Lane
QV Centre
Melbourne 3000

0 comments:

Post a Comment